Rishikesh is an all-year round destination so there is no specific time to visit it. If you are planning to visit Rishikesh in December then the cool and calm weather makes it the best time to visit. The place offers tranquillity that helps in the rejuvenation of mind and soul. So, it hardly matters when you are visiting the place. In December, you will experience the chill as the temperature drops down to around 8 degrees Celsius. This is not exactly the coldest month, but rather a pleasant one. Also, you can enjoy all the thrilling activities like rafting, camping, kayaking, bungee jumping, and everything in December too.
Check out and book your stay in the best hotel in rishikesh for you stay.
Things To Do in Rishikesh in December
December is a very cool time of the entire year. You can enjoy the best weather along with breath-taking scenic beauty in Rishikesh. As everything gets surrounded with a misty weather, it becomes more interesting to visit Rishikesh during this time. When it comes to activities, there are number of activities that you can enjoy here in December. Here are some of the suggestions that you can go for in Rishikesh in the month of December.
1. River Rafting:- One of the most favourite and preferred activities of Rishikesh is river rafting. People love to do rafting in Rishikesh irrespective of the chilled weather. It’s an all-season sport that you can enjoy to the fullest. The weather remains pleasant the entire day. So, you do not have to worry much but yes, the water would be a little chill that will make your activity more exciting. The cost of this activity varies from INR 600 to INR 1800. There are different routs that you can follow like:
- Brahmpuri-Lakshman Jhula (9 kms)
- Kaudiyala- Marine Drive (10 kms)
- Shivpuri-Brahmpuri (11 kms)
- Marine Drive- Shivpuri (11 kms)
2. Yoga & Meditation:- Yoga and meditation are such activities that can be practiced in any season in Rishikesh. There is no best time to practice yoga in the ‘yoga capital of the world’. In December, the weather remains pleasant and it makes the yoga and meditation practice more fun and pleasing. Thus, it offers ample rejuvenation if you get indulged in the Yoga sessions offered by several ashrams. Enjoy a relaxing vacay by indulging in Yoga. The best ashrams for yoga are:
- Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- Omkarananda Ganga Sadan
- Sivananda Ashram
- Shree Mahesh Heritage School
3. Camping:- If you are in Rishikesh and you have not done camping then your trip is not complete. Camping activity is a must in Rishikesh. There are a lot of companies that offer river rafting and camping packages in Rishikesh. You can choose the one as per your preference. Camping in Rishikesh in December is a must if you want to enjoy cool weather while staying close to the nature and adventure. Camping is usually done along side the river which makes your trip more exciting and adventurous. No hotel or resort stay can match the level of camping. Rishikesh camping in December will make your trip complete. The popular camps are:
- Wildex Camp Rishikesh
- Camp Ganga Riviera
- Camp Roller Coaster Rishikesh
- Cradle of Life
- Jungle Swiss Camp, and more
4 Bungee Jumping:- Another popular activity of Rishikesh is bungee jumping. A lot of people visit Rishikesh to do bungee jumping activity. It has India’s highest platform fixed at a height of approx. 273 feet. You must try bungee jumping in Rishikesh in December if you want to try something exciting.
- Location: District Puri Garhwal, Mohan Chatti, Uttarakhand
- Timings: 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM everyday (closed on Tuesday)
- Cost: INR 3,550 per person (excluding video charges)
- Duration: 3 to 4 hours
5. Ayurvedic Therapies:- Rishikesh is a heavenly abode of Ayurveda and thus, this is the best place to get the most amazing ayurvedic messages and therapies. It helps in getting a glowing skin and ample relaxation to the body. December is the best time to get some warmth for your body. Enjoy a therapeutic experience when in Rishikesh in December. Best Ayurvedic Centres are:
- Hemadri Ayurveda Centre
- Ayurveda Bhavan
- Ananda in the Himalayas
- Braham Yoga and Healing
6 .Café Hopping:- One of the most amazing activities to do in Rishikesh is café hopping. There are a lot of popular cafés in town that offers amazing and tasty drinks and cuisines that are a must try. So, trying the famous items is a must in Rishikesh’s popular cafés. The popular cafés are:
- The Little Buddha Café
- The 60’s Café
- Bistro Nirvana, and more.
You must try Garhwali food at the Chotiwala Restaurant and filter coffee with masala dosa at Madras Café.
7. Shopping:- Never let your shopping spree go in vain when you are in Rishikesh as there are a lot of exciting things that you can buy from here. You can shop for clothes, souvenirs, jewellery, precious stones, spiritual items, and much more. The cost of everything is reasonable. Best shops to buy things at reasonable price are:
- Lakshman Jhula Market
- Ram Jhula Market
- Rishikesh Main Market
These are the best things to do in Rishikesh when you are planning to visit in the month of December. If you want to add more things to do in rishikesh like yoga, medication, spa, etc then shaantam luxury resort is the best place to stay in rishikesh.