Rishikesh Travel Guidelines 2022, India is a place of cultural delight, and Rishikesh is one among them.
To find the blend of Spirituality and Adventure in a single place, you must visit Rishikesh. You can book the best Rishikesh Hotels to enjoy the tranquility and peace in the town.
Rishikesh is known as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World.’ It is also known as the ‘Gateway to Garhwal.’ (Garhwal- One of the divisions of Uttarakhand).
In this blog, you will know in and out about Rishikesh and will be eager to visit the place for spiritual bliss and an adventurous ride.
Where is Rishikesh Situated?
Rishikesh is a town located in the Northern part of India. It is situated at the foot of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand.
Rishikesh is considered a Holy City of India, 250 km away from New Delhi, the capital city of India. It is also considered a National Heritage Site in India.
Rishikesh is the place where most yogis and sages reside. It is surrounded by the holiest river Gange and the Shivalik range of the Himalayas on three sides. You can stay at any hotel in Rishikesh to explore the beauty of the town.
Why is Rishikesh famous?
Rishikesh is a spiritual town that is famous for being a holy city of the country. It has many adventures for the tourists to enjoy and have fun.
Rishikesh is the town where the famous Char Dham Yatra begins. The Char Dham Yatra includes Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri.
The Char Dham Yatra is the most pious spiritual pilgrimage for the people of India. It is the journey to the Himalayas, where the Hindu Gods reside, one of the dream pilgrimages for all Hindus.
Rishikesh is also famous for its beautiful ancient temples, adventure activities, and excellent cafes. You have a pleasant stay at any Rishikesh Hotels and explore the above in the town.
Rishikesh is a place with deep cultural and spiritual values in India.
What is the best time to visit Rishikesh?
The best months to visit Rishikesh are late September to mid-November and early March to early May.
The above months are most suitable for travelers to explore the city or indulge in adventures in Rishikesh.
What are the best things to do in Rishikesh?
Your trip to Rishikesh will be most soothing for your mind and soul. You can freshen up at your hotel in Rishikesh and head to visit the places below:
- Laxman Jhula – Laxman Jula is a 450 feet long suspension bridge 70 feet above River Ganga.
It is believed to be the jute ropeway through which Lord Laxman crossed River Ganga in Ramayana. It is the most famous attraction in Rishikesh.
- Ram Jhula – Ram Jhula is a similar 450 feet long suspension bridge that links two ashrams in the town- Swarg Ashram and Sivananda Ashram.
One can see the Himalayas peeking above and River Ganga’s gushing waters below while walking through Ram Jhula.
- Triveni Ghat – Triveni Ghat is the most famous and pure ghat in Rishikesh. It is considered holy to take a dip in the waters of the Ganga near the ghat.
The beautiful Ganga Aarti in the evenings is the best view at this ghat.
- Shivpuri – Shivpuri is a place for adventurous activities like river rafting. It is the best adventure water sport in the Ganga River for all youngsters.
- The Beatles Ashram – The Beatles visited this ashram for transcendental meditation; hence it is one of the famous ashrams for meditation and yoga. You can book a nice hotel in Rishikesh and explore the beauty and peace of the Beatles ashram.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple – Lord Shiva Temple is a major attraction because of the belief that the Lord drank the venom ‘Halahala’ at the same spot. It is 30 km from Rishikesh.
- Shri Bharat Mandir – Shri Bharat Mandir is the oldest temple in Rishikesh. The temple is dedicated to Lord Hrishikesh Narayan.
It is said that Pandavas, while going to heaven, stayed and worshipped Lord Hrishikesh at this temple. Hence, it is trendy.
- Tera Manzil Mandir – There Manzil Mandir is a famous Trimbakeshwar Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva.
The name in the Hindi language depicts a 13-stories temple. It is famous for its ancient architectural magnificence.
What are the commute options to Rishikesh?
There are several commute options available in Rishikesh. Travelers can come by train, bus, car, or flight and relax at their booked Rishikesh Hotels to continue their journey.
Rishikesh has a railway station known as Yog Nagari Rishikesh and bus stations. Pilgrims and travelers from all. Around the world, you can easily commute to Rishikesh by bus or train.
The nearest airport to Rishikesh is Dehradun, Jolly Grant Airport. It is around 35 kms away from Rishikesh.
International travelers can also land at the Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi. Travelers can take a bus or car to Rishikesh from New Delhi.
With multiple commute options available to Rishikesh, people from all around the world can visit here for a spiritual and adventurous vacation.Rishikesh Travel Guidelines 2022.
Q1 – Why is Rishikesh called the Yoga Capital of the World?
A – Rishikesh is known as the Yoga Capital of the World because the town has many reputed Yoga schools and ashrams.
Q2 – How far is Rishikesh from New Delhi?
A – Rishikesh is 250 km away from the national capital of India, New Delhi
Q3 – What are the commute options to Rishikesh from New Delhi?
A – There are several commute options from Rishikesh to New Delhi, like trains, buses, and cars.
Q4 – What are the commute options to Rishikesh from Haridwar?
A- Commute options from Haridwar to New Delhi are trains, buses, and cars.
Q5 – How is International Yoga Day celebrated in Rishikesh?
A – Rishikesh is the center of the Annual International Yoga Festival in the first week of March.