Rishikesh, The Yoga Capital of the World, is often visited by the yoga and meditation lovers, nature lovers, and adventure enthusiasts. There are a lot of places to explore in Rishikesh. If you only think about doing river rafting then think beyond. On your next trip to Rishikesh, do not forget to visit these amazing places to create a memorable time with your family and friends. There are ashrams, temples, Ghat, and much more to explore. Thus, to make your trip full of excitement, do plan your visit as per the following suggestions.
Book your stay at best resorts in Rishikesh to get exclusive discount.
20 Places To Visit in Rishikesh On Your Next Trip
Planning a trip to Rishikesh? Do not miss these places at any cost.
- Triveni Ghat: One of the most blessed and tranquil evenings can be enjoyed only at Triveni Ghat while witnessing the famous Ganga Aarti. Triveni Ghat is the place where all three holy rivers unite, namely, Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati.
- Laxman Jhula: You cannot miss visiting the very popular Laxman Jhula of Rishikesh. This 450-feet long suspension bridge is a very interesting attraction of Rishikesh. At this place, Lord Laxman crossed the river Ganga via jute rope.
- Ram Jhula: Another famous attraction is Ram Jhula. The construction is similar to Laxman Jhula and it links two ashrams, namely Swarg Ashram and the Sivananda Ashram.
- 13 Manzil Mandir: 13 Manzil Mandir or Trimbakeshwar Temple is one of the most popular attractions of Rishikesh. The temple has 13 storeys and is well-known for its amazing architecture. Thus, its worth a visit.
- The Beatles Ashram: One of the most famous places to visit in Rishikesh is the Beatles Ashram. The popular band of Beatles came and stayed in the ashram to learn yoga and meditation.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: When you are in Rishikesh, you should definitely visit the popular temples and one of the them is Neelkanth Mahadev Temple. The devotees of Lord Shiva visit this temple for sure as it is believed to be built on the same spot where Lord Shiva drank the venom that got extracted after churning the ocean.
- Shivpuri: If you want to get indulged in the thrilling water activities then Shivpuri is the best place to do so. Do river rafting from the hub of rafting adventure in Rishikesh.
- Parmarth Niketan: One of the top places to visit in Rishikesh is Parmarth Niketan. If you are a lover of yoga then you should not miss visiting this place.
- Jumpin Heights: One of the most exhilarating activities of this adventure’s paradise is bungee jumping. After river rafting, adventure seekers come here to enjoy bungee jumping. You can also enjoy flying fox and giant swing at this place.
- Kaudiyala: Adventure seekers can also go Kaudiyala that has been turned into a camping and adventure activity zone for the tourists.
- Byasi: This small village is around 30 kms away from Rishikesh but it is a must visit. Adventure lovers would find this place amazing as there are many options like camping, boating, river rafting, and more.
- Muni ki Reti: One of the most popular attractions of Rishikesh is Muni ki Reti. This town is popular for different types of Hindu temples and ashrams. This place is the best for enjoying a stroll along side the banks of River Ganges.
- Lakshman Temple: Lakshman temple is located near Lakshman Jhula and it should be visited by all devotees. It is known for its paintings, carvings, and sculptures.
- Rishikund: This place is also known as ‘pond for rishis’. It is a holy water body that is situated near Raghunath Temple. This pond is believed to be blessed by the River Goddess Yamuna.
- Ragunath Temple: One of the most important temples to visit in Rishikesh is the Raghunath Temple. This temple is dedicated to Lord Rama and his wife Goddess Sita.
- Kunjapuri Devi Temple: This temple is located on the top of a small hill. To reach this famous temple, you need to climb 80 steps. This temple is blessed as it is considered as one of the 52 Shakti Peets.
- Vashistha Cave: This temple is dedicated to Saint Vashistha. Here he lived and meditated till death. This is also a popular spot to be visited by every traveller.
- Sivananda Ashram: This ashram is a famous yoga centre and many famous personalities visit this ashram to participate in diverse Yoga Programmes.
- Omkarananda Ashram: This ashram was established 50 years ago and is still located on the bank of River Ganga. Thus, it is worth a visit.
- Shri Bharat Mandir: One of the most famous and oldest temples of the city is Bharat Mandir. It is dedicated to Lord Hrishikesh Narayan. And, this temple is known for numerous mythological stories and thus, it is worth visiting.
So before planning your next trip to Rishikesh, do consider all these places and make sure to visit them all.