One of the most popular and picturesque destinations in Rishikesh. Travel enthusiasts are crazy about visiting this place owing to the variety of things it offers. The most important one is rafting. When it comes to this adventurous sport, people only think about Rishikesh. Being one of the popular adventures, river rafting offers the best outdoor experience to adventure seekers. River rafting is a sport that can be done by all age groups including kids and adults. There are certified river rafting operators who are authorized to undertake the activity under the supervision of experts. They ensure that your rafting experience would remain safe and fun. So, when is the best time to visit Rishikesh for rafting? This destination can be visited throughout the year due to its pleasant weather but rafting has some specific time period. Keep on reading to know the details. Stay in resort in Rishikesh and get all the service like, yoga, meditation, river rafting and more.
When is the best time to visit Rishikesh for river rafting?
Rishikesh can be visited throughout the year but if you want to indulge in some adventure then visit this place during late September, October to mid-November or else you can plan your trip between early March, April to the first week of May.
Rafting season begins from September to June and the best time for white river rafting is from October to April. Do not travel to Rishikesh other than these periods if you want to enjoy rafting.
Famous River Rafting Points in Rishikesh
There are many points in Rishikesh from where you can do river rafting. Some of the popular ones are:
- The Brahampuri Club House to Rishikesh – This is the shortest and easiest rafting route which is just 9 kms. It is best suitable for beginners who have never experienced rafting before. It can be done by people of age group starting from 14 to 60 years. This stretch is safe and perfect for families and students’ group.
- From Shivpuri to Rishikesh – If you want to go further from the 9 kms stretch then the Shivpuri to Rishikesh rafting stretch of 16 kms is a good option. The season of rafting in Shivpuri starts from mid-October to June. This stretch covers some of the exciting rapids and offers an amazing experience to the adventure seeker. This one is the most ideal and popular one in Rishikesh for rafting.
- From Marine Drive to Rishikesh – Does all you want to do is rafting? Then go for this crazy rafting stretch of 26 kms starting right from Marine drive to Rishikesh. It takes around 2 hours to reach the destination and meanwhile, you would experience the best rapids and some of the other exciting adventures like cliff jumping. Also, you will hit some rapids like The Wall, Double Trouble, Clubhouse, Hilton, Terminator, and others.
- From Kaudiyala to Rishikesh – If you want to enjoy only rafting in Rishikesh then you can choose a long stretch that is usually meant for experienced rafters. It covers a distance of around 35 kms and offers a total of 13 rapids of both Grade 3 and 4. At this stretch, you would experience high, rocks, and irregular waves as these are the high points of this stretch. It is only meant for trained rafters.
- From Devprayag to Rishikesh – This is a very long stretch that requires a lot of stamina. The stretch is around 75 kms and requires two days to complete. On the first day, you will raft via Beas Ghat to Kaudiyala and then spend a night there. This stretch would be around 35 kms. After this, the remaining 35 kms will be covered in the next day to reach Rishikesh.
Different Grades of Rafting
There are different grades of rafting on the River Ganges:
- Grade I: It is the easiest one with small waves and no obstacles. This one is the popular grade that people usually opt for.
- Grade II: This one is also popular with moderate difficulty levels and clear passages. Shivpuri covers both grades I and II.
- Grade III: One of the most difficult with a narrow passage and irregular high waves is this grade. This type has many serious obstacles like rocks, irregular waves, and more.
- Grade IV: One of the most difficult stretches for rafting is this one. It offers an action-packed rafting experience but only to the well-trained rafters.
So, you can plan your rafting trip keeping in mind the appropriate time and stretch as per your convenience.
you should also read :- WHAT TO WEAR FOR RIVER RAFTING IN RISHIKESH?