Best Shopping Places In Rishikesh. shaantam resorts and spa.Rishikesh is a religious and adventurous tourist destination located in the northern part of India. It is a city present at the foot of the Himalayas with beautiful scenery of the mountains and the river Ganga.
Rishikesh is a top-notch travel destination for all the people who seek peacefulness and thrill simultaneously. The city is famous for being a spiritual retreat for millions of people with some fun adventures, including water sports.
Rishikesh is one of the busiest tourist destinations in India. Apart from temples, ashrams, and adventure activities, the city has amazing shopping places. You can stay in the best hotel in Rishikesh, like Shaantam Resorts, and have a delightful shopping experience.
In this blog, we will explore the amazing shopping places in Rishikesh; they are:
1. Laxman Jhula Market
- One of the famous attractions of Rishikesh, The Laxman Jhula, is also famous for being a shopping center of the city.
- The shopping in Laxman Jhula Market includes beautiful clothes, colorful bags, and attractive jewelry that no woman can resist.
- The market also sells ayurvedic oils and medicines.
- The Laxman Jhula Market is closed on Thursdays. Hence, you can rest in your hotel in Rishikesh on Thursdays.
2. Shri Gandhi Ashram Khadi Bhandar.Best Shopping Places In Rishikesh.
- Khadi is the most popular ancient fabric popularized during the time of Mahatma Gandhi in India.
- Although people are using modern fabrics today, the love for Khadi never goes away.
- Shri Gandhi Ashram Khadi Bhandar is one place in Rishikesh that reminds and celebrates Khadi in all ways.
- You can find the best khadi kurtas, jackets, handbags, soap bars, shampoos, and khadi decor products in the shops.
- It is the best way to celebrate the ancient traditional Khadi.
3. Sudha Chandran Mahal
- Sudha Chandran Mahal is a famous market in Rishikesh for jewels, stones, and jewelry.
- You can comfort yourself at the Rishikesh Hotels and come to Sudha Chandran Mahal to shop for your favorite jewelry.
- The market has a wide range of precious stones, necklaces, handcrafted decorative items, original stones and pearls, authentic rudrakshas, semi-precious stones, and tulsi chains.
- It is a great market to explore various original stones and jewels.
4. Rishikesh Main Market.Best Shopping Places In Rishikesh.
- Rishikesh Main Market is near the Triveni Ghat in Rishikesh.
- It is a market which is very famous among the locals.
- However, if you stay in any of the famous Rishikesh Hotels near the market, you can go shopping.
- The Rishikesh Main Market is famous for its collection of bedcovers, curtains, clothes, kitchen products, traditional jhumkas, and necklaces.
- Women will love the main market in every possible way.
5. Ram Jhula Market
- Ram Jhula is another famous attraction of Rishikesh, which is famous for being a shopping center.
- You can shop for amazing things like clothes, accessories, jewelry, gemstones, and books.
- Ram Jhula Market is a center where you can find everything.
- Ram Jhula Market is one the most popular and best markets for tourists to find everything to shop here.
6. Gole Market
- If you are bored at the Rishikesh Hotels in the evenings, you can head to the Gole Market to shop.
- The market is most active during the evenings.
- It is a great market to buy traditional Indian clothing and accessories.
- During the winter, tourists can also buy amazing winter wear in the Gole Market.
- It is a one-stop destination for all your shopping needs, and you can find the best items when you visit during the evenings.
7. Shyampur Haat Bazaar
- Shyampur Haat Bazaar is a famous local market where you can find edible items.
- If you are unsatisfied with the food at Rishikesh Hotels, you can keep some edible fruits and vegetables in your room; you can shop from this market.
- The Shyampur Haat Bazaar has fresh vegetables, fruits, and many local spices.
- The local spices fill the market with a beautiful aroma.
- The Shyampur Haat Bazaar exhibits the best produce on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
8. Garhwal Wool and Craft Shop
- Are you staying in a cold country and you want the finest woolen clothes? If yes, you can buy some fine Garhwali woolen clothes in Rishikesh.
- Garhwali woolen clothes are famous for their finest wool.
- You can buy saris, kurtas, bedsheets, yoga mats, and rugs from the shops.
- You can explore their range of beautiful handcrafted items.
- You can stay at any hotel in Rishikesh and explore the beautiful woolen market of the city.
9. Bhajan Sangam Music Shop
- Rishikesh is a destination for spiritual retreats, and music plays a very important role in various spiritual practices.
- Rishikesh has a single market dedicated to music, the Bhajan Sangam Music Shop.
- You can find all traditional music genres in the market, like Hindustani, Western, Bhajan, Devotional, Trance, Classical, etc.
- They also sell CDs and DVDs on Yoga, Meditation, and Trance Music.
- If you are a music lover and have a zest for spirituality, Rishikesh is your place.
- You buy your favorite music from the shop and relax at your hotel in Rishikesh.
10. The Best Shop
- The Best Shop is another famous shopping center to explore in Rishikesh.
- It is one of the loved shops by the locals for its wide range of woolen clothing.
- You can find the best woolen scarves, shawls, sweaters, pullovers, and much more.
- Most tourists from cold countries love shopping for woolen clothing in Rishikesh.
Shopping is a must whenever you are traveling. Rishikesh is a spiritual and religious destination; people may think there is little to shop from here. But, after learning about the above places, you know that the city has so much to offer its tourists.
Traditional Indian shopping for clothes, bags, accessories, jewels, etc., is the best in Rishikesh, and you must not miss them. You can book a nice Resort in Rishikesh and explore all the shopping places to find the best things for you, your family, and your friends back home.