One of the best ways to maintain the health and wellness of the body is a proper massage with the application of abhyanga Ayurveda oil on the body. It is a simple yet very powerful ayurvedic procedure to gain mental and physical peace.
In fact, many ayurvedic medics correlate oil application with self-love. The one that circulates warmth and energizing feeling all over your body. You must be thinking about what good a mere oil application can do for your body?
At the onset, it should be simply understood that our skin. The single vastest organ of our body, can very adequately receive all the goodness comprised in the oil and effectively convert them to improve imbalances of the doshas in our body.
Benefits of Abhyanga Massage
So, let us go through the benefits that we can achieve out of abhyanga massage. The ancestral practise of Ayurveda intended for pacifying Vata and Pitta dosha. Here we go:
- In a small study in 2011, researchers surveyed how abhyanga massage affects stress in around 20 healthy adults. Prior to receiving a one-hour abhyanga massage. The partakers performed a stress-related survey and had their heart-rate scaled. After the session, both tests are repeates.
- The researchers noted that, after the abhyanga massage, the partaker’s emotional stress levels and heart-rate are decreased.
- In that same 2011 study, the researchers also analyzes the partaker’s blood pressure. After abhyanga massage, blood pressure lowered in those with prehypertension.
- This could be due to the way massage influences the circulatory system. During a traditional massage the blood vessels tend to expand. This speeds up the blood flow and decreases resistance in the arteries, which improves blood pressure.
- It enhances the ability of the body to promote self-healing.
- The touch therapy of the abhyanga massage provokes our hormones to get steadied.
- Boosts the nervous system.
- Improve the coordination between motor controls and sensory organs.
- The sedentary exercise provided by abhyanga bolsters the muscle. That being told, the gentle pressure of this massage also relaxes the muscles.
- Enhances the lustre of skin.
- Reduces the dry effect of the skin.
- The presence of Vitamin E and other essential nutrients in massaging oil nurtures the skin and thereby contains anti-aging properties.
- Reduces the stress level in the mind and promotes good sleep.
- Boosts internal circulation of blood.
- Provides perfect lubrication for all tissues and joints.
- Improves stamina level.
- Most greatly, detoxifies the body and offers excellent rejuvenation.
- Abhyanga massage is also found to Improve vision, increase the brain’s alertness and energy. Encourages physical strength and delays age-related problems.
Abhyanga massage therapy improves your quality of life by reducing stress, flushing out toxins, improving circulation, and boosting your immune system. For anyone, this implies an opportunity to feel completely comfortable in your own body. Your overall well-being and health improve while your stress levels lower.
You can either get a massage too frequently. It would be best if you and your therapist decide the frequency according to your body’s response.